Thursday, January 25, 2007

Our new shiny old office

Bit misleading this image is...Almost a year ago I changed jobs and joined the smallest company I've worked for. Five of us in an office tinier than my kitchen. We moved to a larger rented suite a few months later and three more joined us. Today we take possession of the keys to our new 2000 sq ft office in one of Charles Rennie Mackintosh's lesser know buildings. The former Daily Record Building in Renfield Lane was completed in 1904, occupied by the publishers for twenty five years and then one of Glasgows 'premier outfitters' (Primark, in modern parlance) and laterly a mutual insurer. Its been derelict for the past ten years and is currently undergoing conversion into modern offices with a cafe/bar on the ground floor. Our suite has been a work in progress for the past few months, no big LCD tellys or projectors just yet but we should have a very fat broadband connection. All very exciting. Externally, it must have looked fantastic one hundred years ago but not unlike every lane in Terry Pratchetts novels, its not the kind of place you want to wander about late at night.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ian said...

Photo's soon I hope. Oh, and I'm jealous. My office is drab and old and full to the bring of tech but none of the plasma or LCD kind!!

1/25/2007 04:41:00 pm  
Blogger John said...

My current office is well plush, but being Merrill Lynch it should be... money to burn baby. But since I was there for 14 hours today since 6.30am on a Saturday, I think I've seen too much of it lately, shame I've got to do it again tomorrow. and Monday, and.....

1/27/2007 11:18:00 pm  
Blogger John said...

oh and lots of plasmas, showing 24 hour news all over the place. and a huge 30ft screen in the entrance atrium.

1/27/2007 11:19:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home