Thursday, September 21, 2006

I've just not got over it, have I?

Back in January we discovered that (joy of joys) Jules was expecting again, and we took the (fairly easy at the time) decision to punt my Impreza. This fiscal tightening of belts was clearly the sensible thing to do, but I so love my cars. Whilst I would do anything for my family getting over the loss has been somewhat problematic. I can't knock the Micra, it's a great city car and whilst it gets twice the mpg as the WRX I can't help feeling its only half the car. However, in terms of financial outcomes, its been entirely worthwhile. We've got enough reserves for a decent length of maternity leave, Jules loves the time she's spending with Charlotte and has recently ordered a Honda FRV to replace her current company car. Not coming until next year, it'll have six seats, leather and sat-nav. Plenty of toys and just as importantly, we'll all fit in it. So why am I still looking at Auto Trader every morning? The worst thing is the constant agonising about what if, what can I afford and the regular analysing of the best available used cars on the market. For what it's worth, you're looking at £11k for a three year old WRX from a main dealer - add another £1k if you want PPP on it. The more pumped STI version starts at about £15k, again around three years old - although occasionally the likes of Arnold Clarks gets them in about £2k cheaper... Insurance for me is about £500 a year regardless of model. I can't help myself can I?

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Listen, my bike is all garaged away. With 2 kids and another on the way, I just can't let myself risk it. Everytime I see it I just want to ride. Of course, what I want to ride now is a Triumph Rocket III. Mmmmm.

9/29/2006 09:04:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home