Monday, August 28, 2006

I don't often talk about football

... but when Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink (altogether now "there's only one..." ) scores 15 minutes into his debut I felt I had to mention it. The wife had 2-1 down on her Predictor score and over-confident me had 3-1. Doh! Amidst all the hoo hah I felt sorry for wee Kenny Miller. The bloke has knocked his pan in since coming to us, but its not happening for him in front of goal (football parlance used to sustain the illusion I know what I'm on about). He gets subbed early in the second half and sure enough his replacement tucks one away before he's slipped on his tracky bottoms. Heartbreaker. Anyhoo, looks like the SPL will be chock-full of inconsistent Old Firm performances if the first few weeks are anything to go by. 'mon the hoops', as its appropriate to say at these moments.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home